Successfully Planning Out Your Unretirement
June 23, 2022
As legendary NFL quarterback Tom Brady demonstrated when his retirement lasted all of one month, deciding to walk away from your career isn’t always set in stone. In February, 3% of total retirees chose to re-enter the workforce, and that number continues to rise. The reasons for returning to work after retirement include:
• An improvement in the retiree’s COVID-19 situation (a prime reason for a retirement surge early in the pandemic)
• The retiree’s nest egg isn’t going as far as they initially hoped
• A favorable market for job seekers tempting retirees back into the workforce
In today’s episode of Find Your Niche: A Career Podcast, host Lori Cole discusses the growing trend of "unretiring." To help navigate the journey back to employment, Cole chats with Brian Young, a Certified Financial Planner and President/CEO of Certified Financial Planners. Catch the full episode as Cole covers:
• The road map to unretirement and how to overcome hurdles like ageism at work
• Young’s financial advice for re-entering the workforce after drawing from your retirement funds
• A two-minute tell-all about a hide-and seek-manager
Enjoy this episode and subscribe to Find Your Niche: A Career Podcast wherever you listen to podcasts.
Sign In or Register to access all articles and insider tips for help in your job search.