Essential Functions of the position are detailed below, and include any physical requirements below that.
1. Provides direct service to clients, staff, and visitors through nutrition education for any supplemental food program, as assigned.
2. Works independently and consistently exercises discretion and sound judgment in the area of nutrition education with children, families, staff and others as assigned.
3. Handles a wide array of administrative tasks to ensure compliance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, external job requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations.
4. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations.
5. Responsible for maintaining, updating and submitting routine and ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
6. Responsible for building relationships with community partners to enhance nutrition programming.
7. Facilitate meaningful activities to enhance physical, cognitive, and social development for clients, including food preparation, food tastings and other activities while documenting activities and adhering to guidelines for safe food handling.
8. Must be able to travel to any program location, as assigned.
9. Responsible for assisting with daily and overall operations of USDA Supplemental Nutrition Programs, as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 35 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 3 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 35 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level.
Other Requirements Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to (check all that apply).
X Background check, including any program specific requirements.
X Driver's License and reliable transportation
X Agency-specified automobile insurance
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Nutrition Services
Directly Supervises: Nutrition Aides
Indirectly Supervises : N/A
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Associate's Degree in nutrition or a health related field
Minimum: High School
Preferred: 2 years relevant experience in nutrition or heath related field
Minimum: 1 year Relevant experience in nutrition or heath related field
Preferred: Food Service Sanitation License
Minimum: Obtain the Food Service Sanitation License within one year of hire.
Job ID: 265851349