Less than 1 year
The Clinical Nutrition Manager will provide clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, nutrition counseling/consultation, performance improvement, and self-management training, monitoring and nutrition intervention to patients. The manager is responsible for the development of the hospital diet office management system and operations of the diet office, including the staff.
- Bachelors of Food Science, Nutrition or Public Health; Completion of ADA – approved dietetic internship or equivalent (Masters in Food Science, Nutrition or Public Health preferred)
- Clinical Nutrition experience
- Registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian in the state of South Carolina
- Nutrition Support certification preferred
- Weight Management certification preferred
- Serve Safe certification preferred
Core Job responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and document nutrition care plans according to policy.
- Complete necessary documentation according to department and hospital policy.
- Ensures policies and procedures comply with our regulatory agencies and HIPAA standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control, safety, sanitation and HACCP guidelines.
- Attend patient care rounds and other necessary meetings held for patient care purposes.
- Directs the development of patient menus and approves menu substitutions and changes in processes which may impact patient nutrition.
- In coordination with the Nutrition Care Committee, develops and maintains supplement formulary.
- He/she will serve on hospital committees, including the system – wide Nutrition Care Committee.
- Coordinate and communicate patient nutrition care to physicians, nursing staff and ancillary health care members.
- Provide nutrition counseling or education on oral diets for patient and or patient family members.
- The manager will assist in reviewing, revising and updating patient education materials.
- Provide in services and education for ancillary staff as needed.
- Maintain current nutrition practices through journal review, conferences and /or software courses and programs.
- Participate in performance improvement processes.
- Participate and assists in review and revision of department policies and manuals.
- Provide food safety education for patients and/or patient family members.
Job ID: 236850073